Saturday, March 18, 2006

Bear, all

Bear wrote me a mail, I've wrote a reply and on the way decided to move it here.

But first, WaveID Blog was not accessible for few days because of some technical issues as I've been told by the guys from Blogger support. Everything back to order now, except that we are on a critical juncture with this blog :)

Bear, I remember your post on MoneyTec, and I understand somebody could feel not being competent enough to comment. I'm also aware that there is a difference in format between blog and Public Forum as somebody else suggested, but since we three started a kind of a discussion, we made it kind of a forum, and Blogs still have comment option. So this difference in format could be only an excuse.
You mentioned classroom, but in the classroom, even without any spoken comments, teachers get feed back. They can observe their students behavior, so they get feedback from their faces and gestures, they know if their students are getting it or not, if they are interested or not. Here, without comments it is just like Joseph said, talking to a wall. He got that feeling in this month of posting here, I had it for so long on MoneyTec, until few of you started a discussion.

I never intended teaching, I don't think I have something to teach others. I could have something to share with others. We all know more than we are aware, we use our knowledge daily, but just few sit down and write down in a more presentable and systematized manner, so others can learn from. But my knowledge is not something I've prepared for publishing of any kind, it is not systematized, and at present moment I could not commit my self into such endeavor. It could be taken out by others. Discussions, questions, being questioned and questioning others, criticizing and being criticized, sharpens our knowledge and builds up our confidence in what we know and where we stand.

I don't agree with Joseph on my EW knowledge. I'm neither being modest or undervalue my real knowledge my self. I remember a friend of my father, a wonderful artist, stone sculptor, master of his craft was giving me my first drawing lessons. I was around 14 that time, and on our first class he told me: "It is OK that you are talented. But now, and you should remember this, you should invest 1 ton of hard work and effort for every single gram of talent you have, if you want to master your art." I never mastered, since later in life I turned to Film, it kind off integrated all of my passions for different kinds of art...
So even if I am talented, I know I have years of hard work before I can claim my master degree in EW :). I might be an old fashioned guy, but nowadays people claim titles too easy. Everything is so "digest".

I know Joseph insists he learned from my posts, but everything I could be held responsible is introducing him with his old forgotten friend, his own knowledge of EW.

From one genius mind of Management Philosophy and Theory, Dr. Isak Adizes, whom I had a privilege to met in person, and to learn from his Ingenious work on Management while I was at University, I was reminded on two essential ingredients for a healthy relationship: Mutual Trust and Respect.
IMHO we should use this two ingredients in our relationship with oneselfs too. As I've posted on few occasions on MTec, meAnalyst and meTrader should meet and they should became a close and very good friends if we want good results. That relationship should be based on mutual trust and respect.
Confidence is one of the key words related to success.

As for EW, it is always good to read what different authors have to tell on the subject, but the free Elliott Wave Tutorial available from Elliott Wave International is all you need.
Just don't take EW mechanically, neither purely mathematically (geometricaly).
Best Arguments are made, when all aspects of the argument are taken into consideration.
ID

No comments:

Post a Comment