Saturday, February 18, 2006

Series: Myth busting -- Fed Funds Rate, Easy Al & DX

We scored many waterpolo goals together, but what I remember best is what he (a master of the elbow angled flingshot into the corner -- all net) said to me in a Thermodynamics exam in engineering school:

"Physics, Chemistry, me don't like, but Mathematics, you write sigma, sigma and you get marks"

That's the kind of simplicity I like.

Enter Alan Greenspan, hundreds of million-dollar per year fatcat fundamental anal-ysts, CNBC and other talking heads and you have a recipe for disaster, ruin and bankruptcy -- only if you listen to them and do what they suggest.

Don't like any of the others, but I'm partial to Easy Al.

In the everlasting, perennial quest for insight into where the venerable US Dollar Index (henceforth just simply DX or DXY) is headed, we've had to endure reams and reams of gobbledegook -- time consuming, tiring and mostly just plain wrong.

If I'm going to go broke, I'd rather do it listening to myself than to these cats.

This is a work in progress -- stay tuned! :)))

See next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment