Saturday, February 25, 2006

My results for entire 4-hr chart move (Jan 23 -- Feb 24)


Focus: 4-hr chart -- Dollar rally from Jan 23rd to current point, Feb 24th = 1 month.

Splitting the move into 3 parts: (a), (b) and (c).

(a) The Jan 23rd turn ...... 2 attempts at getting it right, losses reached $1,200 before I my view was respected.

(b) The actual ascent/rally was correctly envisioned...... & was therefore satisfying; result here is quite respectable. Nothing to learn from wins, so let's move on.

(c) The current turn (assumption = northbound rally for EurUsd et al presumed unless proven wrong): -- See the yellow ellipse in the eurUsd chart for where my troubles began on Feb 10th. So far 3-4 attempts at nailing this turn have produced very mixed results; pairs played are EurUsd, GbpUsd, UsdChf, NzdUsd, UsdCad & my chief savior UsdJpy!!! The broker has earned quite a bit from me on this turn as I got booted out often. After counting commissions and swap charges etc., I'm -$746 for this turn, i.e. I've not been paid for about 10 days of work, rather paid the boss instead!

My critique: Parts (a) and (b) are normal operating results, so there is nothing further to add.

Part (c) however has aged me more than Moneytec. And to add fuel to the fire, I nailed EurUsd yesterday with yet another purchase LONG in the upper 1800s. I've also added to my UsdJpy Short. If I'm wrong in calling a turn, my loss for this turn will escalate to about $3,000.

But that is my call and I'm sticking with it. I'm expecting wave C up of the Euro rally that started on November 16th.

My ex-wife once said to me, "you are the darndest stubborn ass*ole I've ever met!"

Yeah, but she was all lovey-dovey when she got half, hehehe.

Just a month in the life of a fella who loves the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment